ENERGIZING AND RELAXING BATHS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
REVITALIZE BODY AND SPIRIT
In today's increasingly fast-paced and hectic lifestyle, finding time for relaxation and re-energizing after a whole day can sometimes seem impossible, but it is crucial for maintaining physical and mental well-being and health. One of the ideal ways to achieve the ultimate zen experience is through relaxing and soothing baths.
But these aren't just any baths. These are baths that you will enrich with your essential oils. Adding essential oils to your bath can elevate the whole relaxation experience to a whole new level. Today, we have decided to share a few favorites with you that will help you forget about worries and problems, enjoy perfect scents, and savor the moment.
THE MAGIC OF ESSENTIAL OILS
We believe we don't need to tell you much about the process of making essential oils, but let's remind you that they are concentrated liquids extracted from various plants and contain the distinct aroma and therapeutic properties of the original plant.
When used in baths, essential oils can literally transform your previous bathing experience, leaving you refreshed, relaxed, and full of energy. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? Stay with us and check out which three absolute favorites we have singled out and why these oils are the ones you should try in your baths.
SWEET ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
Sweet orange essential oil, as expected, is known for its wonderful citrus scent. But, apart from smelling great, this essential oil has many benefits that will particularly appeal to those thinking about using oils in baths.
Three beneficial properties of Sweet orange essential oil you will love:
- Sweet orange essential oil lifts the mood: the lively and cheerful aroma of sweet orange essential oil can instantly improve mood, making it an ideal choice for an energizing bath,
- Sweet orange essential oil relieves stress: the soothing effects of this oil can help reduce stress and anxiety, which will particularly appeal to those who need real relaxation after a hard day's work,
- Sweet orange essential oil positively affects skin health: besides smelling pleasant and helping you relax and regain energy, sweet orange essential oil can improve the appearance of your skin, leaving it soft and refreshed.
EUCALYPTUS ESSENTIAL OIL
Eucalyptus essential oil is obtained from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree and is known for its invigorating and fresh scent, as well as many medicinal properties. This essential oil is found in many combinations as one of the solutions for various "problems," which is why it's not surprising that it's one of the favorites for baths.
Still, we believe you will particularly like its medicinal properties, some of which we have highlighted below:
- Eucalyptus essential oil significantly provides respiratory relief: eucalyptus essential oil will help clear your airways, making it an excellent choice for those who (especially at this time) suffer from colds, have sinus problems, or simply feel unwell and as if they "lack air",
- Eucalyptus essential oil promotes mental clarity: eucalyptus will help clear your thoughts and strengthen mental clarity and focus, and after using it in a relaxing and fragrant bath, you will emerge full of energy and with a clear mind, ready for whatever awaits you,
- Eucalyptus essential oil helps with muscle relaxation: this essential oil will also help alleviate any muscle tension or feeling of discomfort and tightness and help you relax, both mentally and physically.
INDIAN FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL
This very popular essential oil offers a warm and woody aroma with numerous wellness advantages. Indian frankincense essential oil is known for its calming effects, making you feel relaxed and at ease.
But what exactly are the benefits of using Indian frankincense oil? We present them below:
- Indian frankincense essential oil acts anti-inflammatory: Indian frankincense is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce inflammation and soothe sore muscles, promoting physical relaxation,
- Indian frankincense essential oil affects emotional balance: besides helping you physically feel better, this essential oil will help you balance emotions. Therefore, it is an excellent choice for those who want to get rid of stress.
After revealing which essential oils we are talking about, it is only fair to disclose the perfect combination for using them in a bath.
CREATING AN ENERGIZING AND RELAXING BATH IN JUST A FEW STEPS
No, we're not kidding when we say that only a few steps separate you from the perfect bath, and we bring below which steps they are and how many drops of essential oils you should use.
For the perfect bath, you will need:
- 2-3 drops of sweet orange essential oil,
- 2-3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil,
- 2-3 drops of Indian frankincense essential oil,
- 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt (optional),
- Warm water
When preparing a bath, the most important thing is to ensure that the water is at a comfortable temperature. Warm enough, but not too hot, as you do not want to burn yourself and damage your skin. As we highlighted, you may or may not add salt. However, many believe that salts help calm sore muscles and promote relaxation, so if your day has been incredibly stressful and exhausting, add salt to your bath.
After you have added the salt and are waiting for it to dissolve, mix the essential oils in a glass or ceramic container and stir them well until you see a harmonious liquid mixture. Then pour your mixture into the water and run your finger over the surface to ensure that the oil combination is evenly distributed along the bathtub.
The best part follows – enjoying the bath! Immerse yourself in the bathtub and rest for the next 20-30 minutes. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let the aromatic essential oils do their magic. After this bath, you will feel full of energy and incredibly relaxed.
IS THERE ANYTHING YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL OF BEFORE STARTING TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS IN BATHS?
It's completely clear that extra caution never hurts. Those who actively use essential oils know that they are highly concentrated and thus harmful if used directly on the skin. Therefore, before deciding to enjoy your bath, pay attention to a few important factors.
Make sure that all essential oils are diluted before putting them on your skin. Whenever possible, and ideally always, dilute essential oils with a base oil or emulsifier before adding them to the bath to prevent skin irritation. This can be any base oil you like.
Before using essential oils, perform a patch test to check if you are allergic to them. Mix a small amount of the essential oil with a carrier oil and apply it to a small area of your skin. After 24 hours, check for any reaction, such as redness, rash, or other indications of skin irritation.
It is also important to remember that it is crucial to properly concentrate essential oils, i.e., use them in moderation. Be careful of the amount of essential oils you use in blends, as excessive use can be ineffective and sometimes harmful.
Don't hesitate to seek advice and ask for help. If you have any health problems or, for example, are pregnant, we definitely advise you to consult a doctor before deciding to use essential oils in baths.